Please help: My mouse is going crazy under gpm

Please help: My mouse is going crazy under gpm

Post by Edward Fin » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

and is totally unusable. In fact, sometimes I have to wait a few
seconds after boot to allow gpm to calm down, just so I can login
successfully. I've checked for jumper problems on the board, but
everything looks ok. I've tried a Microsoft and Logitech 3-button
Mouseman, but both behave the same. Also, when I boot WinBlows,
it says that it did not detect a mouse, and now is a safe time to
attach one.

Your help is appreciated!
Ed

Please help: My mouse is going crazy under gpm

Post by Edward Fin » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

: and is totally unusable. In fact, sometimes I have to wait a few
: seconds after boot to allow gpm to calm down, just so I can login
: successfully. I've checked for jumper problems on the board, but
: everything looks ok. I've tried a Microsoft and Logitech 3-button
: Mouseman, but both behave the same. Also, when I boot WinBlows,
: it says that it did not detect a mouse, and now is a safe time to
: attach one.

: Your help is appreciated!
: Ed

Oops...I forgot to mention that both mice work  great under X, with
FVWM 95.

Ed

Post by M. Buchenried » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>: and is totally unusable. In fact, sometimes I have to wait a few
>: seconds after boot to allow gpm to calm down, just so I can login
>: successfully. I've checked for jumper problems on the board, but
>: everything looks ok. I've tried a Microsoft and Logitech 3-button
>: Mouseman, but both behave the same. Also, when I boot WinBlows,
>: it says that it did not detect a mouse, and now is a safe time to
>: attach one.
>: Your help is appreciated!
>: Ed
>Oops...I forgot to mention that both mice work  great under X, with
>FVWM 95.

 Unfortunately, you did forget to tell us

- what kind of mouse you're using (serial, PS/2, Busmouse)
- where it's attached to;
- what kernel you're using.

Michael

Menu, n.:
            A list of dishes which a restaurant has just run out of.

1. mouse is going crazy in X windows PLEASE HELP

I got X windows running... FINALLY. Now I have another problem, the mouse
stays in the upper left corner of the screen after I touch the mouse. I
have tried all of the ways to configure my mouse and the only one that
actually gets the mouse to move is the PS/2 mouse. I can get the mouse to
click and bring up the menu to move windows around, but there is no way
to control it. Please help. I really want to get this working soon. Thanks.

2. Does Linux support Multiprocessors?

3. Help! I am going crazy with installation.

4. Help with a shell script...

5. Sol9 binaries - help me I am going crazy

6. got root95c+, now need device driver for lp0...

7. HELP: Mouse goes crazy.

8. DAT Density

9. Modules still not working please help me before I go crazy!

10. Please help..going crazy: RH 8 installation problems

11. Please help - I'm going crazy!

12. Nis+ I am going to Crazy