Can't play audio CD's with CD Player apps -- Creative CD820E

Can't play audio CD's with CD Player apps -- Creative CD820E

Post by Chri » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I have a Creative Labs CD820E and am not able to play audio cd's with any CD
players for Linux.  I am able to use the buttons on the front of the drive
(play and stop) to play CDs -- I'd like to use the features of audio CD apps
though.  Any time i stick a disc in and start up workbone or xmcd I get
these messages ont eh console:

hdd: irq timeout: status=0xd0
hdd: ATAPI reset complete
hdd: media changed

these messages keep appearing for around a minute, and the light on the
CDROM drive turns off.
/dev/hdd has the right permissions, and i have /dev/cdrom linking to
/dev/hdd.  I am able to mount and read data CD's.  QuickCD in win95 lets me
play audio cd's, so I know the drive is capable of playing audio.  Any
ideas?  Thanks.
--
-- -
chris ..

1. Help playing audio CD's on my CD-ROM drive

I have a Sony CDU-8002 SCSI CD-ROM drive that works with both my Adaptec 1542
and my PAS 16 SCSI cards.  I can mount ISO9660 disks fine using either
interface, but I can't seem to get audio CD's to play.

Under DOS (sorry) I can mount CD's and play audio CD's just fine.  This works
whether I connect it to my Adaptec or PAS 16 - but only under DOS.

I understand that this drive (aka CDU541) is not fully SCSI-II compliant, but
since it can obviously be made to work in DOS, I figure somehow I should be
able to make it work under Linux.

Thanks in advance to any help, and email resposes would be appreciated.

Doug
| Douglas Lenz   |   Friends don't let friends use MS-DOS   |

2. Virtual FTP

3. SCSI 3X CD occasionally gets confused playing audio CD's

4. problems installing X11R6.1

5. Help - CD-ROM won't play audio CDs.

6. new user friendly linux site

7. CD not playing audio cd's

8. Vesa DPMS - pwer saving green monitor patch

9. Can play audio CD's... but no WAV's or MIDI?!?

10. Hitachi CDR 1750S cdrom - WHY doesn't it play Audio CD'S?

11. Playing audio cd's doesn't work

12. Can't play audio CD's

13. Newbie -- Can't play audio CD's