Problem mounting ZIP 250 USB drive

Post by Cedric Chausso » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 07:49:25

Hello all,

Hello all,

When I try to mount my ZIP USB drive (mount -t vfat /dev/sda
/mnt/usbzip) with a PC formated disk (empty or full), I get the following error :

mount : type fs incorrect, incorrect option, incorrect superblock on /dev/sda,
       or too many filesystems mounted.

The drive light flashes and I hear the drive starts to spin but it just
gives out that error message. Anybody have an idea ?

Note :
        _ I have all necessary USB options enabled in kernel (no modules)
        _ I have the USB device filesystem mounted ok (entry in fstab), i can
see the entry in /proc/bus/usb
        _ I have set the necessary options for scsi. I can see information on my
device in proc/scsi/scsi.
        _ I have created a usbzip directory in /mnt.

Problem mounting ZIP 250 USB drive

Post by Matt Lundber » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 04:14:28

: Hello all,
:
: Hello all,
:
: When I try to mount my ZIP USB drive (mount -t vfat /dev/sda
: /mnt/usbzip) with a PC formated disk (empty or full), I get the following
error :
:
: mount : type fs incorrect, incorrect option, incorrect superblock on
/dev/sda,
:        or too many filesystems mounted.

I have a scsi ZIP 100M drive, which might be similar.  The disks that Iomega
sells have a partition table.  You don't access the raw device, but rather
the
4th primary partition, as in /dev/sda4.  Don't ask me it doesn't use the
first.
``fdisk -l /dev/sda'' should give you information.

1. Problem mounting ZIP 250 USB drive

Hello all,

When I try to mount my ZIP USB drive (mount -t vfat /dev/sda
/mnt/usbzip) with a PC formated disk (empty or full), I get the following error :

mount : type fs incorrect, incorrect option, incorrect superblock on /dev/sda,
       or too many filesystems mounted.

The drive light flashes and I hear the drive starts to spin but it just
gives out that error message. Anybody have an idea ?

Note :
        _ I have all necessary USB options enabled in kernel (no modules)
        _ I have the USB device filesystem mounted ok (entry in fstab), i can
see the entry in /proc/bus/usb
        _ I have set the necessary options for scsi. I can see information on my
device in proc/scsi/scsi.
        _ I have created a usbzip directory in /mnt.
        _

2. Help needed with Netscape;no, not Bus Error

3. Mounting a USB Iomega Zip 250 disk

4. IP Masq & Civ 2 MPE

5. USB Zip 250 Drive

6. Goldstar GCD R540C

7. Iomega 250 USB Zip?

8. Awe64 problem solved. Got another problem instead.

9. USB Zip 250 and RH7

10. zip 250 usb and PB G3 lombard

11. ZIP 250 USB supported in RH 6.1?

12. ZIP 250 usb-powered