Default Raid Setup

Post by eddycheun » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

It seems that RAID5 will be included by default where I install Redhat
6.0 . How can I do to remove it and install as RAID1 ?

Eddy

Post by Marc Mut » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> It seems that RAID5 will be included by default where I install Redhat
> 6.0 . How can I do to remove it and install as RAID1 ?

compile new kernel and disable unneeded raid levels. No easy way to
convert raid5 to raid1 :-(

Marc

1. Migrating to a RAID 1 setup (hardware RAID)

I have a Slackware 10.2 system (but this question really apples to any
distribution).

I picked up a used 3ware 7500-4LP RAID card and would like to use it
with my current LINUX system which is currently configured on a 30GB
drive.

What is the proper way to migrate the system? I've never migrated a
non-raid installed system to a RAID setup.

I'd like to avoid doing a fresh install and then copying over config
files and filesystems

Searching the forums comes up with several questions regaurding
software RAID and/or adding a non-system fileystem s(other than root)
RAID enabled, but nothing that I can find explains how to do what I'm
contemplating.

thanks for any help (in advance)

Doug

2. Question re: XFree86 Installation

3. RAID RAID RAID

4. What do you look for in C/C++ source? tm_year?

5. Raid performace issues (Raid 5 vs. Raid 0+1) with database files

6. SVGA with Trident and Advanced Logic

7. RAID compiled in OpenBSD 3.1 per default ?

8. It might be more serious.

9. Default Setup for color_xterm

10. Redhat 5.1 - default setup - hacked?

11. How can I setup defaults for TextEdit ?

12. How to setup default color depth in X?

13. How setup mwm as default