Best freeware firewall/proxy for RedHat linux?

Post by Masoud Paj » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>Hello,

>What is the best freeware firewall/proxy for RedHat Linux?

>What do you use? Are you satisfied with the security and
>performance from this firewall/proxy software?

I use pmfirewall (htp://www.pointman.com).
I have used it for several months.
It has a very nice and easy setup, when it is first instlled, which
makes it easy for newbies like me.
It uses ipchians.
It was recommended by Nicholas Peterly in a recent issue of Infoworld.
I tested it using some of the port sweeps avaialable on the net, and
it came through with flying colors.
It has blocked several break in attempts.

Masoud

Best freeware firewall/proxy for RedHat linux?

Post by Russ Man » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00

You'll probably have better luck going to
http://www.pointman.org/
and/or
http://www.pmfirewall.com/PMFirewall/

God Bless,