TERMINAL HELP

Post by infosy » Tue, 02 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm attempting to connect a PC running Win 3.1 terminal software to my
Caldera OpenLinux machine via a serial cable. Everytime I edit the
/etc/inittab file my system hangs at boot. Could someone please tell my the
correct way to hook up a terminal via a serial cable in OpenLinux. Thanks.

Jason

1. Serial communitatons to terminal HELP

Hello, I want to connect my psion siena to my Linux box.
I can comunicate between them with minicom and a siena terminal
program (VT100).

now I want to log in to my RedHat 5.1 linux box, so I downloadet
mgetty, and installed it (rpm).  I have added
mgetty -s 19200 -r -b /dev/cua0 to the inittab (much the same as the
mingetty's there). now coms the probem:
I get my login screen on my terminal, but i can't login.

when I run mgetty -s 19200 -r -b /dev/cua0 on the command line, it
quits when I press a button on the terminal's keybord.

What is wrong?

thanx
  SysV

2. mandrake security questions