Starting an x session manually

Post by frpl.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How do you start an X session from the command line? For example, to
launch just the x server with an xterm. I'm guessing something like
XFree86 (something). I just don't know the format. And is there a man
page for this specifically? I must be missing it.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Tom Hoffma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>How do you start an X session from the command line? For example, to
>launch just the x server with an xterm. I'm guessing something like
>XFree86 (something). I just don't know the format. And is there a man
>page for this specifically? I must be missing it.

startx

Starting an x session manually

Post by Robert Helle » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:18:36

  In a message on Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:11:26 GMT, wrote :

f> How do you start an X session from the command line? For example, to
f> launch just the x server with an xterm. I'm guessing something like
f> XFree86 (something). I just don't know the format. And is there a man
f> page for this specifically? I must be missing it.

startx or xinit, depending.

man startx
man xinit

f>