Is there a firewall for slackware?

Post by The Weasel » Mon, 03 Oct 1994 15:22:20

We are tring to setup a firewall to help protect data on our system.
Is there a firewall out there for slackware? I need to install it
on our gateway linux box.

1. NEt/Subnet/Firewall nightmare - but I am RTFM'ing :)

Hello,

Maybe you can help me...

So, I have been assigned 209.xxx.xxx.129 -> 255, my router lives on
209.xxx.xxx.129.

I have decided to put in a firewall, and I would prefer to lose as FEW
Ip's as posible (I am already feelign the crunch) ... I cannot go to
NAT or Masq because of some of the security issues we deal with (IPsec
and some others).

So..... I want....

Router <----------> Firewall <---HUB---> Internal lan.
(...129)   (...130 eth0) (...140 eth1)  (...131-255)

I have slowly been learning that we can use subnet masks (have to) to
split this network up, and that I might be able to split it up
reasonably... but I can't really interprit the answer you got :)

So my questions...

1) What is the smallest way to split something like that up?

2) What would be the net/subnet/bcast info for each interface on
router/firewall eth0 and eth1

3) How do I assign more than one ip/subnet mask to a single ethernet
card? (for the firewall eth1)

4) What would be the subnet/mask for the machines in the
internal "cloud"?

Any pointers to how to begin to zen this would be appreciated :)

Ken

---
Soulhuntre - Running Win2000 and loving it!

(icq# 275066)
http://www.soulhuntre.com - my world
http://www.dotpublishing.com - my income
http://www.virtualchemy.com - my company
http://www.the-estate.com - my passion

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. programming question (ps)

3. Help ! I am new to Linux - Slackware 3.5

4. How to bind MANY IP address on ONE Ethernet Card?

6. Please Help: slow screen writes

7. Sell me your C++ Workshop or Visual Workshop

9. Am I touchy? Or am I right?