Dosemu VGA Graphics and Diamond S64D/PCI

Dosemu VGA Graphics and Diamond S64D/PCI

Post by Micha?l Moerma » Wed, 31 May 1995 04:00:00

I can't get DOSEMU to work with the {vga console graphics} option.
I have a Diamond Stealth 64 (DRAM) in a PCI slot.
I tried the above option line as well as other lines with chipset diamond and chipset S3.
I have two kinds of behaviour, either the dos emulator starts booting the dos session, the
screen blanks and nothing else happens. In this case I can kill the dos session by switching to
another console with Ctrl-Alt-Fx (Alt-Fx doesn't work). ANother behaviour is that the emulator
starts booting and immediately reports a CPU exception error which I can't really make out.
I tried starting the emulator with "dos -D+i 2> err" which should report ports that the
emulator tries to access and fails, but this didn't report anything wrong. Is this a problem
with DOSEMU or because I have a PCI bios, should I disable PCI bios support in the kernel or
something? If anybody encountered the same kind of problem and found a solution any help would
be most welcome.

By the way is there another more appropriate news group or mailing list in which to report
problems with DOSEMU?

|               Micha?l Moerman           |
|                                         |
| Tel Prof: 32-1-232301                   |
| Tel Priv: 32-2-4662180                  |

1. DOSEMU and DIAMOND STEALTH 64 PCI 2MB VRAM: GRAPHICS ???

        Anybody knows how to configure dosemu (.60.1) which I run under
Linux 1.2.5 to get graphics. I tried many configurations in dosemu.conf
(and chipset s3 memory 2048) but only simple "vga" without graphics works.
My system is: VIP ASUS-SP3, PCI 2.0, AMD DX2-80, 16MB, Quantum 730 MB,
DIAMOND STEALTH 64 PCI 2MB VRAM.
        Thanks,
                Oleg

--
Oleg Bartunov, visiting astronomer, Lick Observatory, UCSC

2. problem with kwintv...

3. Asus P55TP4N PCI board and Diamond Stealth64 PCI 2M DRAM Graphic 2000 for Linux/XFree86?

4. bus error

5. VGA graphics in DOSEMU

6. tomcat: webapps path

7. How to enable VGA graphics in an X Window in DOSEMU?

8. Uninstall ?

9. DOSEMU 60.3 & Diamond VGA

10. VGA Graphics in DOSEMU/X-DOS in X?

11. ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (PCI/2MB) and Plain Vanilla VGA

12. Graphics in DOSEMU with diamond stealh, Anyone?

13. Diamond Stealth and DOSEMU - graphics on connsole