Tablet and mouse

Post by Alimin Bijosono Oe » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 02:34:05

Hi,

I am using Redhat7.1 with kernel 2.4.2-2. I want to use my Wacom Intuous
graphic tablet and have succeded doing so only once.

When I connect the graphic tablet thru USB port before booting the computer,
kudzu recognizes it and asking question about my mouse. What should I answer
then? Last time I chose Microsoft Intellimouse PS/2 because my mouse is
intellimouse. After that, normal booting process went well but when Redhat
7.1
loaded, I couldn't use my mouse at all, I could use Wacom graphic tablet
wonderfully well. A question then raised here, can I use both my mouse and
graphic tablet at the same time? If yes, how can I do that or what should I
answer when kudzu detects the new hardware at startup?

The next time, I tried to use Wacom Intuous graphic tablet from within a
running linux Redhat 7.1, checked that the module wacom.o was already running

but I couldn't use the graphic tablet at all. I had done the command 'gpm -t
wacom' but still couldn't use it. What's the problem here? Does that mean
that
everytime I want to use graphic tablet, I have to reboot?

Alimin

1. Graphics tablets (digitizer tablets): drivers?

Does anyone know if drivers for Wacom graphics tablets (or any other
graphics tablets) are available for Linux?  The Hardware Compatibility
HOWTO doesn't mention any, but since that venerable document bears a
last revision date in 1995, I'm hopeful that the outlook may have
improved.  Considering all the various arcane pieces of hardware that
have Linux driver support, can graphics tablets really have been
overlooked?  Or are they excessively difficult to write drivers for?

        Doug Edwards

2. Symbolic Link Question

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. Compaq Deskpro install problems

5. graphire pen/mouse tablet

6. Redhat6.0 + DEC tulip network card - can't get it to configure in :-(

7. XInput: Switch from MS mouse to Graphics tablet

8. Objective-C on Linux?

9. AIX 4.2 & Mouse Tablets

10. Summagraphics Tablet driver (mouse emulation)--any such thing?????

11. Problems connecting Wacom gd-0405 mouse tablet

12. Mouse,Tablet Reboot

13. IBM Tablet "in Parallel" with mouse for AIX Windows