ctrl-alt-del

Post by Andy » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I would like to execute a script pressing ctrl-alt-del which controlls if a
reboot or stop is allowed (it checks if there exists still a
network-connection). If not, the shutdown-command is executed. Therefore I
added it to /etc/inittab and it works. But there is still a little problem.
Let's suppose I press ctrl-alt-del  and there's still a connection with my
computer, so the shutdown-command is not executed. The next time I press
ctrl-alt-del there happens nothing more. These 3 buttons only work 1 time
!!!

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks

1. How to diable "Ctrl-Alt-Del" from Normal Users?

Hi,

    I have installed Slackware Linux 3.0 on my PC.  I would like to diable
the "Ctrl-Alt-Del" from normal users to prevent them from rebooting, though
it will reboot the system nicely.  Is there any way to do this?  Any
suggestion is highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    --Chijang Huang.

=========================

2. RH8 Menu Configuration

3. Why does't my box shutdown on a ctrl-alt-del.

4. Linux, waitpid and ECHILD

5. Disable shutdown by ctrl-alt-del, HOW?

6. How to generate random numbers

7. RH 7.1 new install hangs on ctrl-alt-del shutdown

8. QUESTION : Passing arguments to korn shell aliases?

9. HELP: "reboot" and "ctrl-alt-del" causes system to hang

10. Ctrl-Alt-Del

11. How to diable "Ctrl-Alt-Del" from normal users?

12. Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work

13. Capture ctrl-alt-del