Afterstep Install Problem

Post by bobf » Fri, 08 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Try www.redhat.com for rpm.  When at ftp site you may have to click on goto
parent directory a few times as the link is out of the /pub/ directory.
Then I think /contrib/ and then i386?.   Well, it is there I'm sure.  Check
out Window Maker if you get a chance too.  Gnustep standards.
Bob

PS  The smkmf error is cause no Imakefile.  It's an X thing.

Quote:> I am trying to install Afterstep into my Linux system, and am
> bumping into several problems.. First it was looking for
> xmkmf (which a kind soul sent me).. now it is complaining
> that MakeMakefiles is in the wrong place. Could a similarly
> kind soul please tell me where I am supposed to untar the

Afterstep Install Problem

Post by Dan Beimbor » Sat, 09 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> Try www.redhat.com for rpm.  When at ftp site you may have to click on
> goto
> parent directory a few times as the link is out of the /pub/
> directory.
> Then I think /contrib/ and then i386?.

Thanks- it is indeed
atftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib/i386/AfterStep-1.0-2.i386.rpm

It is a really really good window manager for anyone who hasn't heard
of it.. it actually makes my work more efficient.

Dan Beimborn
http://www.CelticMusic.Com
Change "spam_be_gone.com" to "celticmusic.com" to
send me email. News scanners can send their ads

1. AfterStep Install Problem

I apologize for assaulting you with a missive from a Linux newbie, but I
am
having trouble installing AfterStep.  When running Installme, an error
message stating that the xmkmf command is not found appears a couple of
times, and when I then run startx, the screen changes a couple of times
before I am returned to the command prompt stating exec: afterstep
failed
because afterstep is not found.

I've rummaged around the Glint RPM manager (I'm running Redhat 4.2)
searching for xmkmf,
but haven't yet found it.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch, Jim.
(remove ~ from email address)

2. Error using Termlite WSASRV

3. AfterStep install problem

4. What Chars are allowed in Passwords?

5. AfterStep Install Problems in Radhat 5.0.

6. shell regex matching question

7. problems by installing AfterStep

8. mount question

9. AfterStep 1.4 install problems

10. Problems with dependencies installing AfterStep

11. Problems installing AfterStep

12. Need help installing Afterstep

13. afterstep install error on slackware