mouse problem

Post by Jatin Kama » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I have installed redhat5.2 on my home pc. I have a mitsumi scroll mouse
PS/2. In my mouseconfig setup, this mouse is not listed. So, I have
selected "generic 3 button mouse" and checked "emulate 3 buttons". It
works, but has one problem. I cannot use my mouse to paste text. I have
tried all the feasible options for pasting -> clicking the scroll,
clicking the right button and clicking the left & right simultaneously.
Just doesn't work.....
(As crazy as it may sound, I have also tried selecting all the other
mouse options under mouseconfig, just in case....)
For now, I'm using shift+insert to paste text. But its a pain.

another problem:
I cannot use shift + insert to paste text from any of the xterm windows
to netscape window (for eg: email composer). This is a major pain.

any ideas?

Thanks
Jatin

mouse problem

Post by bruceke » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Hi

> I have installed redhat5.2 on my home pc. I have a mitsumi scroll mouse
> PS/2. In my mouseconfig setup, this mouse is not listed. So, I have
> selected "generic 3 button mouse" and checked "emulate 3 buttons". It
> works, but has one problem. I cannot use my mouse to paste text. I have
> tried all the feasible options for pasting -> clicking the scroll,
> clicking the right button and clicking the left & right simultaneously.
> Just doesn't work.....
> (As crazy as it may sound, I have also tried selecting all the other
> mouse options under mouseconfig, just in case....)
> For now, I'm using shift+insert to paste text. But its a pain.

> another problem:
> I cannot use shift + insert to paste text from any of the xterm windows
> to netscape window (for eg: email composer). This is a major pain.

> any ideas?

> Thanks
> Jatin

Have you tried configuring your mouse as a "PS/2" aka "auxiliary
device"?
I mark and paste with my mouse (logitech busmouse) marking with the left
button, and pasting with the middle button. I also just tried the rodent
on my server (two button PS/2 type w/no emulation) on it I have to press
both buttons simultaneously to paste. I am assuming that you have gpm
running.....

Hope this helps....

mouse problem

Post by Jatin Kama » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Have you tried configuring your mouse as a "PS/2" aka "auxiliary
> device"?

what is this option? is it in the mouseconfig option?

Quote:> I mark and paste with my mouse (logitech busmouse) marking with the left
> button, and pasting with the middle button. I also just tried the rodent
> on my server (two button PS/2 type w/no emulation) on it I have to press
> both buttons simultaneously to paste.

doesn't work ....

Quote:> I am assuming that you have gpm running.....

gpm??? i'm a newbee.....
Quote: