LyX, Latex, epsfig.sty...

Post by David Welt » Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to get everything set up so I can print with Linux, instead of
having to use that *other* OS.

I installed all the .deb packages supposedly necessary to run LyX
(including everything it depends on such as latex, and ITS dependencies,
etc...), yet, when I try to view the output of what I have written, it
gives me this error when running Latex:

(/usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 1996/05/26 v1.3r Standard*document class
(/usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))
(/usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty)kpathsea: Running MakeTeXTeX
epsfig.sty
kpathsea: Running MakeTeXTeX /home/davidw/personal/epsfig.sty

!*Error: File `epsfig.sty' not found.

I would like to know which package should be providing this...ie, is it a
*thing, a Lyx thing, or something else entirely?  Secondly, I would
like to know how to remedy the situation, preferably with a debian
package, but, anything that works will make me happy:-)

As an aside, can anyone point me to a good document that outlines exactly
how all this stuff works together?  Ie, we have LyX that make*files
which make dvi files which make ps files which get printed...or something
like that...  I would rather spend my time programming than hassling with
printers...

David Welton

Se quest'email e` in Italiano, mi dispiace per gli errori:-) FORZA PANTANI!
                                --Linuxista--

LyX, Latex, epsfig.sty...

Post by Alair Pereira do Lag » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> (/usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/base/article.cls
> Document Class: article 1996/05/26 v1.3r Standard*document class
> (/usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))
> (/usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty)kpathsea: Running MakeTeXTeX
> epsfig.sty
> kpathsea: Running MakeTeXTeX /home/davidw/personal/epsfig.sty

> !*Error: File `epsfig.sty' not found.

> I would like to know which package should be providing this...ie, is it a
>*thing, a Lyx thing, or something else entirely?  Secondly, I would
> like to know how to remedy the situation, preferably with a debian
> package, but, anything that works will make me happy:-)

[panda:/home/alair] > dpkg --search epsfig.sty
ltxgraph: /usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/graphics/epsfig.sty
[panda:/home/alair] >

the package ltxgraph is your friend.

--

Computer Science Department -- Universidade de S~ao Paulo -- Brazil

LyX, Latex, epsfig.sty...

Post by David Welto » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> > !*Error: File `epsfig.sty' not found.

> > I would like to know which package should be providing this...ie, is it a
> >*thing, a Lyx thing, or something else entirely?  Secondly, I would
> > like to know how to remedy the situation, preferably with a debian
> > package, but, anything that works will make me happy:-)

> [panda:/home/alair] > dpkg --search epsfig.sty
> ltxgraph: /usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/graphics/epsfig.sty
> [panda:/home/alair] >

> the package ltxgraph is your friend.

Thankyou ever so much for your answer.  The question now is, why
doesn't LyX depend on this package?

--

Post by Alair Pereira do Lag » Fri, 07 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> > > !*Error: File `epsfig.sty' not found.

> > > I would like to know which package should be providing this...ie, is it a
> > >*thing, a Lyx thing, or something else entirely?  Secondly, I would
> > > like to know how to remedy the situation, preferably with a debian
> > > package, but, anything that works will make me happy:-)

> > [panda:/home/alair] > dpkg --search epsfig.sty
> > ltxgraph: /usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/graphics/epsfig.sty
> > [panda:/home/alair] >

> > the package ltxgraph is your friend.

> Thank you ever so much for your answer.  The question now is, why
> doesn't LyX depend on this package?

Because it is a bug in the package dependences. I suggest you to to email the
maintainer (dpkg --status LyX can give you this info).  In this way, you are
helpping to improve Debian.

Better yet, use the debian bug report system.  According to
<http://www.veryComputer.com/; read info
/usr/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt and send a message to

Note, I suggest you to sign debian-user list. You can obtain a great support
for Debian there.

--

Computer Science Department -- Universidade de S~ao Paulo -- Brazil

1. Trouble printing with lyx - where to put lyx.sty??

Hello,
I have lyx all built and installed.  I've also a snapshot of
the ntex directory on sunsite as of May 17.  Lyx runs ok,
but when I try to run xdvi or latex, I get an error of
"lyx.sty not found".  I've looked through the source
code to figure out where to put it, and have
recompiled lyx a few time with different params.
Placed lyx.sty in following locations:
/usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/misc didn't work,
/usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/sty didn't work,
tried other stuff.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

2. PROBL. W. S3-968

3. LATEX: epsfig woes

4. need help for hylafax please

5. LaTex cannot find .sty files -- HELP!!

6. Threads & GDB

7. Where is linuxdoc.sty for LaTeX?

8. gzip and compress function ?

9. LATEX *.sty files; location?

10. Latex/dvips/lyx help!

11. LyX <-> LaTeX

12. Printing Type1 fonts, Lyx, AUIS, Latex

13. help needed setting up printer/LaTeX/Lyx