Here is another RH install-related question.
1. I have two 'older' PC's (Pen 133's) ('95-'96).
2. I can install RH 7.0 without a single hickup -- all works just fine.
3. I cannot install RH 7.1 as a 'clean' install on either of them.
4. The systems always hang while installing the package's I've selected from
5. I have three different sets of CD's for RH 7.1 -- two from RH and 1 from
6. The results are the same with any set on either machine.
7. Using the same CD's I can 'upgrade' one PC from 7.0 to 7.1,
running in 'update' mode.
8. But I cannot 'update' the other PC.
9. Redhat support told me to upgrade my CD-ROM drive.
10. I have tried several (IDE and SCSI) in those machines -- always with the
11. I have two newer machines on which RH 7.1 works like a charm.