ftape: "no space left on device" for multi-tape afio

ftape: "no space left on device" for multi-tape afio

Post by Karl Anders » Tue, 13 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am having a problem restoring tape-spanning afio archives from my
floppy tape.  When the end of the tape is reached, I get an "ftape: no
space left on device" error message.  This also occurs when I use the
archive-size-limiting option for afio.

afio has no problems with writing multi-tape archives (prompts for a
new tape).

The problem exists with kernels 1.3.92 and 2.0.3.  I have not
installed any drivers other than what came with the kernel source (are
there any?).

Please reply by mail as well as post (flaky server).  Thank you.

Post by Ken Gaugl » Wed, 14 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>I am having a problem restoring tape-spanning afio archives from my
>floppy tape.  When the end of the tape is reached, I get an "ftape: no
>space left on device" error message.  This also occurs when I use the
>archive-size-limiting option for afio.
>afio has no problems with writing multi-tape archives (prompts for a
>new tape).
>The problem exists with kernels 1.3.92 and 2.0.3.  I have not
>installed any drivers other than what came with the kernel source (are
>there any?).
>Please reply by mail as well as post (flaky server).  Thank you.

Are you restoring to a device that has enough room to hold the files?
Be sure you are not restoring to the root partition; it will likely
fill real fast.

---
Ken Gaugler  Hybrid Networks, Inc.  Cupertino, Calif.

"The life of a Repo Man is ALWAYS INTENSE..."

1. "semget: No space left on device"

On a server built from a 1.3b6-dev source about 3 weeks ago running on
IRIX 6.2, tonight the server would not start.  Nothing.   Just this in the
error log
 semget: No space left on device
(can't be referring to disk space, file systems have plenty...)
So it's just about time to ask, "Why is this night different from any
other night?  This httpd started fine on all of the prior 20  or so prior
nights but on this one we must reboot."

bleh, wassup?
-Ian

--

"Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made
sense from things she found in gift shops."

2. StarOffice Error: can't load library 'libXt.so.6'

3. RH 7.2: mkbootdisk fails, "No space left on device"

4. What is the diff between a T1/T3/128

5. Help: "No space left on device"

6. Doing a readlink on a remote machine

7. users [not root] get "no space left on device error"..???

8. automated downloading

9. "No space left on device"

10. Mail error - "No space left on device" - HELP

11. Capacity 3% BUT "no space left of device"?

12. "No space left on device"