web browser

Post by Shawn D. McPe » Tue, 17 Oct 1995 04:00:00

:      What and where are the best web browsers for linux?  I define "best"
: with the following criteria:

: 1)  Is it free?
: 2)  Is it robust?

netscape
 - yes
 - yes
mosaic
 - yes
 - yes
several others
 - yes
 - yes
have a look at your favorite sunsite mirror in
/pub/Linux/system/Network/info-systems (from memory)

web browser

Post by PAT LON » Tue, 17 Oct 1995 04:00:00

     What and where are the best web browsers for linux?  I define "best"
with the following criteria:

1)  Is it free?
2)  Is it robust?

Thanks in advance,

Pat Loney

web browser

Post by smcp.. » Tue, 17 Oct 1995 04:00:00

:      What and where are the best web browsers for linux?  I define "best"
: with the following criteria:

: 1)  Is it free?
: 2)  Is it robust?

netscape
 - yes
 - yes
mosaic
 - yes
 - yes
several others
 - yes
 - yes
have a look at your favorite sunsite mirror in
/pub/Linux/system/Network/info-systems (from memory)

1. LINKS-Browser as Frontend for Automation, was: Embedded Linux Web Browsers

Hello,

some weeks ago there was a discussion about Embedded Linux Web Browsers.
I told you, that I would take LINKS
(http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/links/), but it had a
drawback, that Javascript could not be executed automatically.
There is a option in the latest release (2.1pre10) now, where they fixed
this (thanks to the programmers).

Now it is possible to use this browser as frontend:

As the meta-refresh tag is not recognized, a refresh must be done by adding
the following java script (I tested it with MS IE, Mozilla, Konqueror,
Links):

<head>
<script>
setTimeout("window.location.replace('URL')",2000)
</script>

URL is the new source, 2000 (ms) is for 2 seconds.

When the script is executed, the user is asked, if he wants to do so. This
can be changed in the settings.

A nice feature is, that one can adjust the number of retries. If the
automation server crashed and the program is restarted, LINKS therefore just
retries to get a web page without stopping the polls. You only have to
ensure, that every page contains the setTimeout().

The size of the browser seems to be 2 to 4 MBytes (depending on ./configure)
and up to 8 MBytes, if everything is linked statically.

Greetings
Ernst

2. Linuxstart ├╝ber NT Bootmanager

3. I can ping my web server but can't open page in web browser

4. Can it take less time then 20000 ms for reading a socket.

5. X-Web: Linux and X apps in a web browser

6. Mailing List

7. How to measure response time between web browser and web server ?

8. Sound Blaster AWE32 and CD-ROM

9. X Web: Broadway Web Browser Plugin

10. Yggdrasil approved by The World Wide Web Consortium to develop Arena Web Browser

11. download from web site without web browser

12. Web Server and Web Browser

13. Konqueror Web Browser Becomes Ark??