X Web: Broadway Web Browser Plugin

Post by Neil Zanell » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Has anyone managed to get the Linux X Web plugin

working? (see http://www.broadwayinfo.com/).

I would like to see the plugin work and would like

to know how to set it up so it can read my

Red Hat 5.2 Linux's libc5 library instead of glibc2.

Also, do I need X11R6.4 or can I stick to X11R6.3 ?

Thanks,

Neil Zanella

X Web: Broadway Web Browser Plugin

Post by kho.. » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know where we can download the
Broadway source code for Linux?

In article

th.mun.ca>,

> Hello,

> Has anyone managed to get the Linux X Web plugin

> working? (see http://www.broadwayinfo.com/).

> I would like to see the plugin work and would
like

> to know how to set it up so it can read my

> Red Hat 5.2 Linux's libc5 library instead of
glibc2.

> Also, do I need X11R6.4 or can I stick to
X11R6.3 ?

> Thanks,

> Neil Zanella

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. X in web-browsers, Broadway?

Hi,

I read about X's ability to somewho make X applications display in web
browsers which seems to be a quite new feature of the X Consortium's
"Broadway".

It all seems to be about getting a plug-in for a browser (which I
downloaded and installed) and then accessing an X application through a
CGI skript which starts the app, displaying on the web browser which
pretends to be an X server...

Mhhh... I looked at the demo at the X Consortiums's web site called "Deep
Blau" which offers to play xboard via Netscapes' Communicator. It worked,
and I tried to figure out how, but couldn't create some similar
application on my home Linux box.

Does anybody know about a kind of how-to on this feature or any other
docs on the web which could help me understand this stuff? Someone
pointed me to Netmanage's web site for an introduction, but I could not
find anything helpfull there, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance,

Oliver
---

2. Linux doing broadcasts (arp packets) Part 2

3. Realplayer plugins for Konqueror web browser

4. starting an app with me in a new group under KDE

5. I can ping my web server but can't open page in web browser

6. --- Directory Tree Synchronization???

7. X-Web: Linux and X apps in a web browser

8. Shell script with loop until key hit

9. How to measure response time between web browser and web server ?

10. Yggdrasil approved by The World Wide Web Consortium to develop Arena Web Browser

11. download from web site without web browser

12. Web Server and Web Browser

13. Web+ : Web to Database Middleware, Web Application Development Tool for Unix