Linux Window under OS/2?

Post by Brad Alexand » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

I have seen ppl managing to create a Linux window under Win9x, and I was
wondering if anyone has done it under OS/2... I tried running Loadlin
from a DOS and an OS/2 window, to no avail. The next idea is to change
the DOS settings in a separate window. Any ideas?

I'm running DOS/Win, Linux, and OS/2 under Boot Manager...

Thanks,
--Brad

Linux Window under OS/2?

Post by Joe Slo » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

>I have seen ppl managing to create a Linux window under Win9x, and I was
>wondering if anyone has done it under OS/2...

(?) what do you mean? a telnet session to a linux machine in a dos
window under win9X? or actually running linux on that machine?
If someone claims to have been running linux under win9X,
they have pulled the wool over your eyes, but good....

--
Joe Sloan                | "UNIX - Live free or die!"

University Of California | http://neuromancer.ucr.edu/~jjs

Linux Window under OS/2?

Post by Gwoho L » Fri, 26 May 1995 04:00:00

: >I have seen ppl managing to create a Linux window under Win9x, and I was

Is Win9x supposed to be X compatible?

gwoho liu.

Linux Window under OS/2?

Post by roo » Fri, 26 May 1995 04:00:00

: : >I have seen ppl managing to create a Linux window under Win9x, and I was

: Is Win9x supposed to be X compatible?
     No 8-).  I mean, there will probably be some X package available to
make it be an X terminal.. but you won't be able to do cool *like run
Win apps and display them remotely, and even the X Terminal ability will
probably not be included... Basically, no more X compatible than any other
non-UNIX system. (Well, less "compatible" than Desqview/X I guess 8-).

: gwoho liu.

Linux Window under OS/2?

Post by Steve Dunh » Sat, 27 May 1995 04:00:00

: : Is Win9x supposed to be X compatible?
:      No 8-).  I mean, there will probably be some X package available to
: make it be an X terminal.. but you won't be able to do cool *like run
: Win apps and display them remotely, and even the X Terminal ability will
: probably not be included... Basically, no more X compatible than any other
: non-UNIX system. (Well, less "compatible" than Desqview/X I guess 8-).

Sun Microsystems makes an X server for MS-Windows 3.1.  I'm sure it
runs fine on Win'95.

1. Linux + windows 3.11 + OS/2 + ...

Hi all,

I currently have Linux and windows 3.11 on my pc.
Now I want to add Os/2 and Windows NT.
If anyone can give me some info on adding more
then 2 OS on a pc, I will greatly appreciate it.

TIA

Minh Tran
University Of Nebraska - Lincoln

2. NFS/tar bug fix? (cache problem)

3. Linux Window under OS/2?

4. how use getpwuid_r()?

5. Sharing swap: linux windows and os/2

6. Help - Downloaded ASCII changes spacing??

7. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.security, comp.os.linux.networking

8. IS UNIX DEAD (22)?

9. Linux OS's: What are the Linux OS's that run with Windows?

10. alt.os.linux, comp.os.linux.hardware, comp.os.linux.misc

11. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.questions, comp.os.linux.misc

12. Which OS is better: Windows'95, OS/2, Linux