Linux/Win95 email

Post by Minhduc Ton » Sun, 24 May 1998 04:00:00

I've posted this question on the Window95 setup group but
did not get any response.

I have a linux/samba machine as a server for a group of window95
. How do I set up the linux and the window95 so that I can
send mail from linux to window95 vice versa? My linux run sendmail.

Thanks.

Linux/Win95 email

Post by Jason Cliffor » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

> I've posted this question on the Window95 setup group but
> did not get any response.

> I have a linux/samba machine as a server for a group of window95
> . How do I set up the linux and the window95 so that I can
> send mail from linux to window95 vice versa? My linux run sendmail.

The easiest way to do this is to run a POP3 or IMAP daemon on the Linux
box and have the Win95 systems run POP or IMAP client software.
--
Jason Clifford
Genesis Linux Systems

1. Linux/Win95 email compatability

I have an odd problem with Linux (RedHat 5.2 with the 2.2.3 kernel)

I keep my e-mail on my laptop (Win95 OSR2) under Netscape Communicator
4.5 and copy the Mail folder to my desktop machine at weekends (also
95).

Now that I have moved most of my desktop stuff to Linux I want to move
my e-mail too.

Unfortunately Communicator 4.5 on Linux can't read the same mail files
as 4.5 on 95. Netscape 3.07 on Linux can rebuild the offending summary
files but there is then no way to have them easily co-exist (the mailbox
files are the same, its the summary files that are different).

Puting Linux on the laptop is not an option so does anyone out there
know of a mail client that can read the same mail files on both 95 and
Linux or of a way to make Communicator do this?

Dave McAleavy

2. Colorado tape format, HELP!

3. Best E-mail for schools using Linux & Win95?

4. Kernel Panic

5. Connect Win95/NT to Linux Print/Email Server?

6. Solaris 8 Administration Pack missing?

7. help: spam email downloaded on linux but not on win95?

8. How choose a good database...

9. Sharing E-Mail under Linux and Win95 - is it possible?

10. How to connect Win95 to a LINUX e-mail server?

11. relaying e-mail from win95 thru my Linux box

12. Moving email from Win95 to Linux

13. samba: win95->linux works, linux->win95 doesnt