Comtrol Rocketport with Kernel 2.0.x

Post by Donnie Grim » Sun, 28 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know if the driver for the PCI and ISA Rocketport multiport cards
will work with the new 2.0.x kernels?  Are they stable?

Please email resposes. My provider only gets a partial news feed.

Donnie

1. Comtrol RocketPort

Hi,
    This is my first time posting, so forgive me if this is not the
correct
news group for this. I have  a brand new spanking Comtrol PCI
Rocketport  with 8 I/O ports, (I'm trying to build a pppd dialin
Server).
    I installed the hardware, downloaded the drivers from
ftp.comtrol.com and recompiled them as per the instructions,
(make clean; make; make install;) Everything went  smoothly.
The machine detects the board during the boot process.
The problem is that after rebooting the machine, I dont see the 8 new
ttyR*
in the /dev directory. Consequently, the attempts to load the driver
fail.

    I suspect this is because I am forgetting to configure something,
perhaps with the setrocket program that comes with the install,
but the instructions do not mention this, and my UNIX knowledge
is is not super extensive.
Here are the contents of a cat of the /proc/pci

 Bus  0, device  15, function  0:
    Communication controller: Comtrol RocketPort 8 Intf (rev 4).
      Slow devsel.  IRQ 7.
      I/O at 0xf4c0.

Here is the error that I get during boot and also when I
try to invoke the driver by hand.

Jun 15 12:44:26 Xa kernel: Rocketport device driver module, version
1.15, 1-Sep-98
Jun 15 12:44:26 Xa kernel: Rocketport controller #0 found at 00:78, -1
AIOP(s) (PCI Rocketport 8)
Jun 15 12:44:26 Xa kernel: No rocketport ports found; unloading driver.
Jun 15 12:44:26 Xa kernel: Rocketport device driver module, version
1.15, 1-Sep-98
Jun 15 12:44:26 Xa kernel: Rocketport controller #0 found at 00:78, -1
AIOP(s) (PCI Rocketport 8)
Jun 15 12:44:26 Xa kernel: No rocketport ports found; unloading driver.

I am running RedHat ver 5.6, Linux 2.0.36

What am I doing wrong?
CSC

2. Changing PCI board's IRQ

3. FS: Comtrol Rocketport 32 port board

4. Linux PPP, ISP, or Netscape ??

5. FS: Comtrol's RocketPort PCI 16 with interface

6. how clear a serial port ??

7. Comtrol's RocketPort: are they good?

8. enlightenment killed my sound

9. RocketPort serial boards by Comtrol

10. Release of the Comtrol Rocketport Intelligent Serial Board driver.

11. FS: COMTROL's RocketPort Multiport Serial Card

12. RedHat 3.03 and Comtrol RocketPort Driver Install Problem