CD ROM as CD player

Post by Stef Hoesl » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

When I start a audio CD with the button on the pannel of the CD ROM
i can hear music using the outlet on the pannel. But if I use workman
I can't hear a thing (Workman is working properly though).

Stef

CD ROM as CD player

Post by Gavin Hurlbu » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> When I start a audio CD with the button on the pannel of the CD ROM
> i can hear music using the outlet on the pannel. But if I use workman
> I can't hear a thing (Workman is working properly though).

It would be helpful if you told us what make/model of CDROM you have.  If it
is a NEC 3Xi, 4Xi or similar, I believe you need a special version of Workman
as these drives use non-standard SCSI commands (as in not the same as all the
other SCSI CDROMs).   I have a 4Xi, and I never bothered to get audio running
as I also have a Sony 55S (SCSI 2.4X) which works marvelously for audio as
well as data.  I just made the 4Xi my main CDROM (it's faster so why not?) and
that was the end of it  :)

--

  Embedded Systems Software Engineer          Electrical Engineering '97
     PGP Key available by request               University of Waterloo

CD ROM as CD player

Post by Stef Hoesl » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> > When I start a audio CD with the button on the pannel of the CD ROM
> > i can hear music using the outlet on the pannel. But if I use workman
> > I can't hear a thing (Workman is working properly though).
> It would be helpful if you told us what make/model of CDROM you have.  If it

It is an Acer CD ROM. It is connected as /dev/hdb

Stef

1. CD Player for IDE CD-ROM's

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.help
Subject: workman for IDE CD-ROM's ?

is there a utility available for playing CD's for IDE CD-ROM drives ?
I am looking for a workman equivalent.

thanks
siddharth

2. BootX 1.1.3 and 2.2.14pre9

3. which audio cd player for PAS 16 NEC CD ROM?

4. New Network Problem

5. Anyone have a CD player program for the RS/6000 CD-ROM drive?

6. PAS16 Sound does not work

7. E-IDE CD-ROM CD-player on 2.4 X86 ?

8. sendmail and libc.so.4.3.2

9. cd rom drive, expensive cd player

10. Mitsumi CD-ROM Audio CD player

11. Problem- Video CD- CD to CD copying- Does not play in hardware player

12. Z-Player CD-Rom player from ZDS ?

13. replace cd-rom with CD-R / can't find mount CD-R drive