mysql problem

Post by antonio gor » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I try to explain my situation:
server Linux, database on mysql, tables with a lot of records (about
800.000) and with some keys (ad es. Key_1, Key_2, ...);
each key is composed by more fields (for example: Key_2 = field7, field8,
field9)

I should extract a lot of records, by ODBC, using VisualBasic
(example : "select field2, field3, field25 from table1 where field7 = 'aaa'
and
field8= 'bbb' ")

mysql should use Key_2 and so the query should be fast

The real result is that the query is made correctly but the speed is very
very slow
I think that you should know that the number of records that satisfy my
query is about 120.000

Request:
are there any advice to obtain more human speed ?

Thanks in advance to everybody, Sam

Post by Koos Po » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Request:
> are there any advice to obtain more human speed ?

I would look for a more appropriate newsgroup. Maybe comp.databases.* ?

Koos Pol
S.C. Pol                          T: +31 20 3116122
Systems Administrator             F: +31 20 3116200

Amsterdam                         PGP public key available

mysql problem

Post by Pete Lamasne » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> > Request:
> > are there any advice to obtain more human speed ?

> I would look for a more appropriate newsgroup. Maybe comp.databases.* ?

> Koos Pol

newsgroup mysql.general
on news.netimages.com

mysql problem

Post by antonio gor » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I should extract a lot of records, by ODBC, using VisualBasic
(example : "select field2, field3, field25 from table1 where field7 = 'aaa'
and
field8= 'bbb' ")

mysql should use Key_2 and so the query should be fast

The real result is that the query is made correctly but the speed is very
very slow
I think that you should know that the number of records that satisfy my
query is about 120.000

Request:
are there any advice to obtain more human speed ?

Thanks in advance to everybody, Sam

1. PHP + MySQL problem

I just installed MySQL 3.22 and PHP 3.05 on a Redhat 5.2 system running
Apache 1.3. Both PHP and MySQL are working (I can create and update
databases from the mysql prompt, and web pages with simple PHP scripts
such as echo etc. are served correctly). Problem is, PHP does not seem
to be able to access MySQL - any mysql-related PHP function gets in
result an error message ("function unsupported or undefined"). I read
the FAQs, but was not able to solve the problem.

Do I need to compile PHP in order to enable its MySQL support? Does it
mean that I also have to compile Apache? I haven't done that, I just
installed the binaries from the rpm packages. Or could the problem be
due to errors in the configuration scripts? When installing PHP, rpm
didn't find the correct location of Apache so I had to tweak some
parameters by hand. Any help or info about similar experience will be
greatly appreciated.

Andrian

2. Q: Smalltalk/X and libX11.so.3 and DISPLAY

3. MySQL problems

4. proxy for all protocols

5. MySQL Problem

6. seagate medalist pro 9.1gb hdd