mouse cursor jump when CPU busy

Post by Rainer Menzne » Fri, 08 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello Linux people,

I have the problem (on a 486DX2/80 SuSE5.0) that under X11, when
running CPU intensive applications like gcc, the mouse cursor is
jumping over large distances if the mouse is moved a very little
amount. This means that moving windows/resizing windows etc is only
possible with a little bit of luck (at least if the target position
should should be determinant). I have the feeling that it might be an
interrupt problem, an interrupt request which does not get
acknowledged fast enough because this error does only appear when
there's no idle time on the CPU, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know a
solution?

Thanks for any hints and answers,

 -Rainer

--

*** ____ ****** . * . ******* Dipl.-Ing. Rainer Menzner ********************
   ( /  \      /|  /|         Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum

WWW:   http://www.neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/ini/PEOPLE/rmz/top.html

mouse cursor jump when CPU busy

Post by Emmett P. Kyl » Fri, 08 May 1998 04:00:00

Greetings,

I had the same problem on my 486DX2/66 with Slackware.

When there was a lot of drive activity going on, the cursor would

jump to the left side of the screen. I was using an IDE drive.

I switched to a SCSI drive with an Adaptec 1542 controller, and

I no longer see the cursor jump. It will freeze when there is a lot

of activity, but it will go where its supposed to after things get

less hectic. Something to do with the IDE controllers/drivers ? I

don't know.

1. Mouse cursor jump on the screen!!!

My mouse cursor jump on the screen (i.e., not moving smoothly) when I
move the mouse.

My mouse is Logitech Serial MouseMan connect at com2.
I'm running Linux.
--
Chris Wong               | "Hardware is supposed to serve Software."

2. Mobo crapped out...

3. Mouse cursor jumps

4. Core Dumping Problem

5. My mouse cursor jumps to the top of my screen!

6. Administration "Reports" for Management

7. Newbie: mouse cursor jumps around

8. sendmail and attachments

9. Jumping mouse cursor syndrome

10. Relationship between load average and CPU busy or CPU idle

11. mouse problems: new ps/2 mouse jumps to left or bottom border

12. Cursor jumping around the screen

13. jumping cursors