How to program DAC lookup table on graphic card

How to program DAC lookup table on graphic card

Post by Marcus, Nadena » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Does anybody know how the lookup tabel of the DAC chip on the graphic
card can be programmed.
In particular I am looking for the Matrox Millenium G200 card.

Marcus

Post by Tim Rober » Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Does anybody know how the lookup tabel of the DAC chip on the graphic
>card can be programmed.
>In particular I am looking for the Matrox Millenium G200 card.

On most video cards, the DAC can still be accessed via the old VGA I/O
ports (3C6, 3C7, 3C8, 3C9), even while the card is in a hi-res mode.  Write
the first index you wish to write to 3C8, then write RGB triples to 3C9.

I don't know if this specifically works with the Millennium.

  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

1. C programming Error : Assertion failed: table->edgeH == VL_EDGE_NO_WRITE || table->edgeH == VL_EDGE_ZERO_FILL || table ?

Hi !

Is there anyone who got the error message below ?

===
Assertion failed: table->edgeH == VL_EDGE_NO_WRITE || table->edgeH == VL_EDGE_ZERO_FILL || table->edgeH == VL_EDGE_EXTEND, file vis_resample.c, line 2413
Abort

===

It looks very curious to me.
Any comment will be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Jo, SanKu

2. I've got a PCI Winmodem...

3. openGL Graphics card/all around graphics card recommendations?

4. Is diversity such a good thing?

5. IP routing table lookup in FreeBSD..

6. Template generation problem on Sun workshop 5.0

7. High performance lookup tables.

8. Does MicroSpeed ADB Mouse Deluxe work with LinuxPPC 1999?

9. Symbol table lookup

10. IP address lookup table

11. ip routing table lookups

12. Routing Table Lookup Performance

13. HELP: Colour Lookup Tables in xwindows