xdm & chooser Problem

Post by Marshall La » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 11:26:44

I'm having a problem getting xdm and chooser to run the way I want
them to.  There's no error messages being generated that I can find.

I have one box that I want to use as an X-terminal and an X-server.
I have another box that I want to use as an xdm server.  (Hopefully I have
the terminology correct.)  The last thing that happens on the X-terminal
when it boots is to run X from rc.local with the -indirect option to
the xdm server.  The xdm server is set up to BROADCAST to itself and to
the X-terminal/X-server.  The chooser shows a selection for the (xdm)
server.  But it doesn't show a selection for the X-terminal/X-server box.
I've been playing with the configuration for a while now but I can't
figure how to get both selections to come up with chooser.

Is the configuration that I want to do even possible?

--

1. xdm to xdm - where is chooser?

I have a few linux boxes each running xdm (with no XServers entries), and
I'm running a local xdm on another system for actual display.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the other servers on the lan, even with
-broadcast (I also tried -indirect and -query, explicitely in XServers) on
the local system. Any reason why the 'chooser' isn't coming up instead of
a local login prompt?

- lv

2. Using cua1 to connect to terminal server

3. XDM & Chooser

4. setsockopt() et al

5. Q: xdm features in kdm (users & load in chooser)

6. Simple command won't run in Crontab script

7. XDM on Sol 2.3 & Classic Xterms - how to get chooser working,or ANYTHING!

8. Target pcmcia 24011 AX88190 works!

9. XDM & Chooser

10. xdm & chooser

11. Problem with starting chooser via xdm

12. xdm chooser mode problems

13. problems with the chooser on xdm