I have a Diamond Stealth 2000 3D Pro

Post by BaTmAN75 » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

and I can't seem to get it to work, even though it is listed as a supported
card at the Xfree site. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem, and I

Post by George Schroed » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

:and I can't seem to get it to work, even though it is listed as a supported
:card at the Xfree site. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem, and I

I have the same card and have no problems using the version 3.3.2 SVGA
server.

1. Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86

If your having problems with the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the
Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86, please read.

It's the "pro" part of you Stealth 3d 2000 that is giving you the
problem. It's designed for video in addition to regular display. This is
also a problem with many of the Stealth 3d 3000 cards(but not all). The
fix is to cut it back to 16bpp. You see, at 24bpp and 32bpp, the Stealth
3000 needs a special driver that handles the mpeg/avi video acceleration
features of these cards. But not at 16bpp.

Sometimes you can get away with running the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 pro,
and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000 at 24bpp and 32bpp. But chances are
you'll get the following problems:

XF_s3V server: lockups when user exits window manager, screen turns neon
lime green or red(other colors also reported, but these two are the most
common). However, this server works fine at 16bpp.

XF_SVGA server: works great, but acceleration at 24bpp or 32 bpp is not
complete!!!!! Boot up Netscape and you will see what I mean. The buttons
on Navigator will be in black&white.

These problems do not effect the Stealth 3d 2000 "classic", just the
Stealth 3d 2000 Pro and the Stealth 3d 3000 series cards.

Carter

2. ipchains rules for small network?

3. Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro

4. Alphas in the Netherlands

5. Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro XL

6. Alpha Processor Inc. and Linux

7. Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro & signal 11

8. Solaris 2.5.1 patch 103566-34 breaks CDE login

9. Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro (Turbo)

10. S3 Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro VGA Card

11. RH6: XFree86 and Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro setup

12. Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 vs Fire GL 1000 (not Pro)

13. Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro