Avance Logic video card with X11R6

Post by A.M. Shackma » Fri, 19 May 1995 04:00:00

I have just bought an avance logic 2228 video board and I have tried to install
X11R6 with it. It works fine with the example configuration file, without any
modifications, but when I alter it to put in clocks, chipset and ram size, it
messes up.

What it does is X11 runs fine but the consoles, the ones accessible by alt 1-7
the characters are all funny. The chipset which X11 thinks its has is the 2301
but its not.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance

Anthony

1. Help with Avance Logic video card.

 Hi
  I have an avance logic video card and have managed to run X in
800x600 mode, has anyone moanaged to get it running in higher resolutions
with the right update speed? We have the same card (ALG2301) in one of
the dos machines and it can cope with higher resolutions.

            thanks

                 Kevin

2. Q:booting ICL w builtin-Ethernet on a BOOTP-server ??????

3. avance logic video card drivers

4. problems running XFree86 3.3.3.1 for Permedia II chipset

5. Avance Logic Video Card

6. What colors can I use in .fvwmrc

7. Linux plus Avance Logic video card?

8. TCP/IP to Serial port pipe

9. Avance Logic Video Card

10. avance logic video card drivers

11. Help with set-up of Avance Logic video card

12. Avance Logic ALG2301 Video Card

13. Avance Logic Accelerator AG320X Video Card