Auto start a Java program when booting.

Post by Eric Cho » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

How can it start a Java Program(it is a unlimited looping Java program)
when Linux start up ?

If the command that I run my Java program in xterm is "java myDaemon",

how to set this program to be started automatic when Linux Startup ?

Best regards,
Eric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Stev » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

>Hi,

>How can it start a Java Program(it is a unlimited looping Java program)
>when Linux start up ?

>If the command that I run my Java program in xterm is "java myDaemon",

>how to set this program to be started automatic when Linux Startup ?

Here on RH6.0 I put stuff like that at the end of rc.local which is in
/etc/rc.d I also add a comment which says what it does (if I'm not running
the command every day I may forget what it does), and add the date to the
comment so that when you're looking at logs when something starts going
wrong you know what date you added the new startup feature.

--
Cheers

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error not enough coffee  0 pps.

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:40am  up 6 days, 19:45,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00