Netscape 2.0b4 released

Post by Preston F. Cr » Sat, 23 Dec 1995 04:00:00

For those desperate to upgrade to the latest version, I found 2.0b4 in
the /2.0beta/unix directory at the ftp#.netscape.com servers.

--PC
--
"And he [Christopher Robin] respects Owl, because you can't help respecting
anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling

Netscape 2.0b4 released

Post by Kang-Jin L » Sun, 24 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>For those desperate to upgrade to the latest version, I found 2.0b4 in
>the /2.0beta/unix directory at the ftp#.netscape.com servers.

I am sure this is a FAQ and might possibly lead to flamefests but,
is there an ELF version of Netscape?
--
Kang-Jin Lee

2:2410/810

Netscape 2.0b4 released

Post by Jos V » Mon, 25 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>>For those desperate to upgrade to the latest version, I found 2.0b4 in
>>the /2.0beta/unix directory at the ftp#.netscape.com servers.
>I am sure this is a FAQ and might possibly lead to flamefests but,
>is there an ELF version of Netscape?

No.  I don't think Netscape people want to make 2 versions, when one
a.out will work for everyone.  If I remember correctly, they once said
they would move to ELF when the large majority of the Linux community
has migrated to ELF.

Unfortunately, 2.0b4 has the same major bug (I can't see it's a feature)
as 2.0b3: Java applets will not work on 16bpp displays. :-(

--

--    X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV   |   Phone: +31 20 6938364
--    Amsterdam, The Netherlands        |     Fax: +31 20 6948204

Netscape 2.0b4 released

Post by d.. » Tue, 26 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I am sure this is a FAQ and might possibly lead to flamefests but,
>is there an ELF version of Netscape?

Not as of yet.

While I'm here :) I pulled down 20b4 last night. The problem I
am having with it is that inline jpegs don't display correctly -
this used to work; although I did change somethings in the
setup/preferences files, that shouldn't, at least IMHO, make
a difference here.

I've noticed that whenever I see a homepage with graphics and
if there is something telling me I can have a larger version
of the image, if I click and tell Netscape to load it, all
I get is the border where the jpg will go. Netscape acts like
it's downloading the image, even titling itself "500x300 jpeg
image' for example, but nothing ever gets displayed. Other
inline images work all right (i.e., the embedded ones).

I'm not in X right now, but on my screen I see a bunch of
errors from the server (presumably: I am using Accelerated X)
from Netscape, of the form "Bad Drawable - invalid Pixmap
or Window parameter" and then giving the major opcode of
the failed request, which will either be X_PutImage or
X_CopyArea.

I'm probably not the only one with the problem, so maybe this
will let people know something is wrong.

>--
>Kang-Jin Lee

>2:2410/810

David E. Fox                 Tax              Thanks for lettimg me

1. Netscape 3.0b4 says netscape not found on Linux.

I just download a

  netscape-v30b4-export.i586-unknown-linux-elf.tar.gz

from ftp20.netscape.com. I copy it to /usr/local/netscape, gunzip it, tar to
unpack it. and made a link from

  /usr/bin/netscape->/usr/local/netscape/netscape.

But every time when I excute it, it complains:

   netscape: Command not found.

I'm sure that the file netscape is in the path, and set with +x to everyone.
My computer is a Pentium 133 with Linux 1.1.59, and Free86.
Could you please give me some hint, what could the problem be?

   Thanks in advance.

   Song

2. Delete key trouble

3. netscape 3.0b4 lib problems

4. Help for new Window Manager project needed

5. Netscape 2.0b4 sending bad requests?! Argh!

6. Random File Picker?

7. multiple domains under Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0b4

8. Why kernel hangs when copied entire partition ?

9. Memory leakage running Netscape 2.0b4/Linux 1.3.35 on Asus P100

10. Netscape 3.0b4 and Java Problems?

11. Netscape 3.0B4 fixes cut/paste problem?

12. MORE INFO Java problems with Netscape 3.0b4...

13. Netscape 2.0b4 and java