linux IRC client comparable to mirc

Post by Jon Wal » Sun, 16 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I don't like having to use win95 to IRC but I haven't found a comparable
>client to mirc.

>The features I need in the order of importance to me are time stamped
>logging in a separate file for each channel I am in and a popup menu for
>different kinds of kick/bans.

ksirc is a pretty nice graphical client. It's fairly straight forward
to write a script to do logging, because you can script it in perl.

It's also trivial to add items to the popup menus. It has a nice
graphical options dialog.

I used to use it a lot, but I find myself using *x more and more.
--

Certified Psychic and Healtheologist   | WWW   :  http://www.veryComputer.com/
True/False Prophet and Fearless Leader | IRC   :  Undernet #skepticult

Post by Kristian Ellingse » Mon, 17 Aug 1998 04:00:00

|  I don't like having to use win95 to IRC but I haven't found a comparable
| client to mirc.

I have run Mirc (16-bits) in Linux successfully using Wine
<URL:http://www.winehq.com/>.
--
KRISTIAN ELLINGSEN, +47 905 13 552
http://ellingsen.home.ml.org/

/\..A billion saved is a billion earned../\

1. OpenBSD router + mIRC windows client = irc.dal.net no worky.

Does anyone have experience with getting mIRC to work on Windoze
clients for dal.net through an OpenBSD(2.8) router?  I've tried
everything I can think of and find, including:

1. Insuring that the "ident" server is enabled in mIRC.  On or off
doesn't matter.
2. Insuring that ident is enable in inetd.conf
3. Installing third party ident daemons (oident, lieidentd,
nullidentd) none of which work
4. Installing tircproxy and running that, including using the
'masqerade' option which allows for internal IP's to be bound to
specific ident return strings.
5. Insuring no ports associated with IRC are blocked by ipf (113, and
dns are the only ones I could think of that it'd use)

I've read that NAT can cause some confusion to ident responses and
requests, and as I'm running NAT, this may be my issue, but no third
party ident daemons have worked thus far.  I'm getting close to giving
up and buying a hardware broadband router.  I -really- don't want to
give in to the dark side.

Any help would be appriciated.  Thanks.

2. send mail config

3. Can't keep my IRC connections stable with text-based IRC clients?

4. compiler bug

5. midentd and internal mirc clients w/ identd

6. kernel 2.4.6 upgrade and lost "Power off on Shutdown" option

7. IRC clients for Linux 2.0?

8. Anf"anger-Fragen

9. visual IRC client for Linux?!

10. Color IRC Client for Linux???

11. IRC Client for Linux ???

12. NEW IRC client for linux

13. newbie incomplete irc client, linux (experimental)