Preserving date stamps in ftp

Post by Timothy Ch » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

Is there a way I can preserve the date stamps when ftping files from ftp
sites?
On the Win95 side, WS_FTP Pro seems to be able to do it.
I'm using the basic ftp program in Linux 2.32

,,*,,,,,______/|___,i__/~~, ,. ,.' To reply remove the 's' in

 o       / )))       --_\      Vancouver, British Columbia
<tim><   ~~~\|----~~\   \     http://www.ugrad.cs.ubc.ca/spider/v8k1

1. How To Preserve Stamped Date When Downloading from a WEB page/

Hi,

Has anyone ever noticed that downloading a file from a web page always
changes the date of the downloaded file?

What I would like to do is to sync the date on all the files, that I
downloaded from any web page using netscape, with the original stamped
date.  Can anyone please tell me how to do it?

TIA.

--

PS> Remove the "4" from e-mail address to respond.

2. Capturing Exit Status values in csh?

3. Preserving Date Stamp When Downloading

4. help: mod_rewrite with mod_ssl and %20's

5. how to preserve time stamp when doing ftp?

6. ext2 filesystem problems

7. synchronize date/time stamp with ftp server

8. Possible IDE related crash on 2.4.18-rc4?

9. ftp file date / time stamp missing

10. HELP: FTP Not Preserving Dates (NT to AIX)

11. Preserving File Date with FTP

12. Compare file modification date using tcsh built-ins

13. Date stamping commands in the shell command history file