Memory hogging CD-R programs!

Post by Dr. Un » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00

When I play the raw audio files to check for errors, I loose all of my
system memory.  The only way I get it back is my rebooting.  Can anyone
help me?  Is there any thing i can do or run to free up my memory?

1. CD-RW and CD-ROM hogging the CPU

I've been using CD-recorders and the like with Linux for 3 years now, but
since I've upgraded to SuSE 8.1 and kernel 2.4.19 I am experiencing some
strange problems. Whenever I burn a CD (no matter which program I use), the
CPU load goes up to 100%. The CD-R buffer runs empty, but that doesn't
matter, because I've goot BurnProof. But anyway, with my SuSE 7.3 and
vanilla 2.4.17 kernel I didn't have this problem. Except with audio CDs
I've burnt. Same problem on the CD-ROM drive when reading CDs.
It is also strange that both the CD-RW and the CD-ROM appear twice in the
ide-scsi emulation. I.e. i've got sr0 and sr1 as the CD-RW, and sr2 and sr3
are the CD-ROM. Very strange. A friend of mine has got sr0 through sr7 for
his CD-RW! [With a standard SuSE 8.0 install]

Has anyone else got similar problems?

Cheers,

        Arne

--
And I would have to pinch her, just to see if she was real
Just to watch the smile fade away and see the pain she'd feel

[--- PGP key FD05BED7 --- http://www.root42.de/ ---]

2. PCNFS and ACL's

3. any x window that doesn't hog memory?

4. a portable way to redraw input line

5. dhcpd memory hog?

6. icq_java for solaris

7. Memory hogging of httpd processes in Apache 1.3.4

8. how to separate / and /var FS

9. serial port memory hogging

10. ASP apapche hogging memory

11. hpnp/lpsched is memory hog