nt & lilo

Post by Matt House » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Ok, before I begin, I have read the howto on nt and linux, but that
involves using the ntloader to start linux... I'd much rather use lilo
to start nt :)

Anyways, I have 2 physical drives.  Win95 on drive 1, linux on drive 2.
I've been using lilo to start them both without problems for ages now.
Now I've added a new partition to drive 2 for nt.  It's all installed
and it's working fine... I just can't get it to boot from lilo.

Is there a way?

...Matt

nt & lilo

Post by Pawel Kaczo » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> Ok, before I begin, I have read the howto on nt and linux, but that
> involves using the ntloader to start linux... I'd much rather use lilo
> to start nt :)

> Anyways, I have 2 physical drives.  Win95 on drive 1, linux on drive 2.
> I've been using lilo to start them both without problems for ages now.
> Now I've added a new partition to drive 2 for nt.  It's all installed
> and it's working fine... I just can't get it to boot from lilo.

> Is there a way?

# yes and it's easy.
if (you already have prepared partition for NT && installed NT on it) {
    run liloconfig and;
    start LILO configuration with new header;
    add all old partitions;
    add NT  partition to LILO;
    install LILO whenever you want [MBR];

Quote:}

or

if (you already have prepared partition for NT && installed NT on it) {
 if (you have Slackware) {
   edit /etc/lilo.conf and;
   add a lines:
      other = /dev/hdb2
         label = NewTrouble
         table = /dev/hdb
   # (or /dev/hda <- I'm not sure on which HDD NT stores it's partition
   # table
  run lilo;
 }

Quote:}

DONE!

**even Linux doesn't help if you're Gatesbrained**
Pawel Kaczor 'pooh/paczor'

nt & lilo

Post by Roy Stogn » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

One of the coolest polyglot pidgin mishmashes of C, sh, and english
language that I've had the pleasure of seeing in a while.  Kudos, and
exactly how many hours have you been programming without sleep?
---
Roy Stogner

Quote:># yes and it's easy.
>if (you already have prepared partition for NT && installed NT on it) {
>    run liloconfig and;
>    start LILO configuration with new header;
>    add all old partitions;
>    add NT  partition to LILO;
>    install LILO whenever you want [MBR];
>}

>or

>if (you already have prepared partition for NT && installed NT on it) {
> if (you have Slackware) {
>   edit /etc/lilo.conf and;
>   add a lines:
>      other = /dev/hdb2
>         label = NewTrouble
>         table = /dev/hdb
>   # (or /dev/hda <- I'm not sure on which HDD NT stores it's partition
>   # table
>  run lilo;
> }
>}
>DONE!

1. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

Why is everyone comparing whatever operating system with NT?

*     / - -                           /-----/ /                          *
*    /____  /   / /----/ /----/      /       /     /----/ /---/ /----/   *
*        / / / / /----/ /----/      /       /---/ /----/ /   / /----/    *
*   ___ / /_/_/ /____  /____       /_____/ /   / /____  /   /  ____/     *

---
 t MR/2 t

2. RS6000, is het nog wat waard?

3. Using NT 4.0 bootmanager & LILO

4. ppp connection

5. HELP needed to remove LILO & install Windows NT

6. browser help

7. Lilo probs w/ COL 1.3 & NT

8. KOffice 1.2 RPMs for RH 7.2/KDE 3.0.2 ?

9. lilo: linux, NT & 98?

10. Can you boot Linux & NT from LILO ?

11. Lilo & windows NT

12. linux & Windows Nt (Lilo)

13. Solution: Using NT 4.0 bootmanager & LILO