Penguin Icon for Windows ?

Post by Jan Willamowi » Tue, 24 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

I need an icon for my Windows desktop to start Linux with.

Has anyone converted the penguin picture to an icon ?

- Jan
--
Jan Willamowius, Semperstr. 1, 22303 Hamburg, Germany

WWW: "http://swt1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~1willamo/"

Penguin Icon for Windows ?

Post by Johnny » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Hi!

> I need an icon for my Windows desktop to start Linux with.

> Has anyone converted the penguin picture to an icon ?

> - Jan
> --
> Jan Willamowius, Semperstr. 1, 22303 Hamburg, Germany

> WWW: "http://swt1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~1willamo/"

 Hi,

  I use the penguin as a massive backdrop for fvwm. I also use it on my homepage in
 various sizes. All sizing, file conversions and image processing was accomplished with
 the X-VIEW program in X. I'm not sure how you go about starting LINUX from windows,
 but I'd suggest hitting http://www.shareware.com for an icon making program
 and using x-view to size the penguin to an icon's pixel dimensions.

                                                         Johnny C.
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9286  (that's my LINUX resource page.)

Penguin Icon for Windows ?

Post by Jan Willamowi » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have created a few icons for MS-Windows now. Everyone interested can get
them from my hompage:

http://swt1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~1willamo/

I'll do a few more in the next few days.

- Jan
--
Jan Willamowius, Semperstr. 1, 22303 Hamburg, Germany

WWW: "http://swt1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~1willamo/"

1. Penguin Icon for Boot Magic.

penguin icon for the BootMagic loader menu at:-

 http://home.pacifier.com/~edmunds/

I downloaded and installed it easily following the instructions. It
surely does beat the rather pathetic Linux icon that Boot Magic
supplies. My thanks to Doug!

Jim.

--
James V.  Silverton
Potomac, Maryland.

2. MS win98 & linux

3. Free Penguin Icon for BootMagic

4. Admintool problem

5. Cool penguin icons

6. Lilo and Multiple NIC

7. Penguin Icon

8. PC won't boot after botched install

9. Penguin icon/wallpaper on startup -where?

10. Icons, Icon veiwer and Icon converter

11. OT (but penguin related) - Penguins on patrol

12. Penguin cracks Windows servers -- VNUNET.com

13. IE5 "favourites" icons when bookmarking, was Re: Explorer 5 icon