Documentation for synchronizing OSS Lite with application?

Documentation for synchronizing OSS Lite with application?

Post by Mark H. Woo » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone found documentation on synchronizing an application with a
soundcard's synthesizer using OSS Lite?  The only doco. I can find
that even mentions the concept, has nothing but a section header
there. :-[  The ALSA driver apparently doesn't even *do* synthesis yet
so there's no help there.

(I sometimes feel as though I'm the last person on Earth wanting to
use the synth.  But my application only needs notes, not explosions or
the sound of spattering *. :-/  Besides, I prefer "the road not
chosen", or I wouldn't be writing a kids' game for the X Window System.)

--

Specializing in unusual perspectives for more than twenty years.