PC Logic Modem and Mgetty

Post by Terrence W Mart » Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Has anybody compiled mgetty for a hayes compatible modem? It just
doesn't seem to want to finish compiling for me. This on top of the
fact that I am not sure if I have changed too much or too little. :-(

If somebody could send me either a static version of the program
compiled for a hayes compatible modem, Or even the source file or
files that you modified to get the thing to work I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you for your time

--

|Terrence Martin, Student at the    |"Do Not Gobble Proferred      |
|University of Saskatchewan         | Baits"                       |

|===================================|==============================|
|Any views expressed are my own and do not reflect on the opinions |
|of any group or organization with which I am affiliated.          |

PC Logic Modem and Mgetty

Post by Gert Doeri » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anybody compiled mgetty for a hayes compatible modem? It just
>doesn't seem to want to finish compiling for me. This on top of the
>fact that I am not sure if I have changed too much or too little. :-(

Well, successfully compiling hasn't to do anything with the type of modem,
and, yes, I have compiled mgetty for dozens of different modems on quite a
number of different platforms.

On Linux, it compiles (as the manual says!!!) without *ANY* source
changes. You may have to adapt a few defines in policy.h, but if you read
the descriptions and study the examples, this is easy.

If you had included the output of "make", I *might* have been able to tell
you what you broke.

Quote:>If somebody could send me either a static version of the program
>compiled for a hayes compatible modem, Or even the source file or
>files that you modified to get the thing to work I would greatly
>appreciate it.

Nothing has to be modified. It works out-of-the box for most Hayes
compatble modems, at least for data. Fax may (or may not, depending on the
implementation) need a little bit tweaking.

gert
--
Yield to temptation ... it may not pass your way again!  --  Lazarus Long
                                                            //www.muc.de/~gert

1. Need help w/ PC Logic modem

 recently bought a PC Logic modem. What's different about this
modem is that it doesn't use the "normal" modulate-demodulate
scheme found in most modems. Instead, it uses a programmable
digital signal processor. It works GREAT in DOS - was able to
sense busy signals that other modems don't seem to hear. The
problem is that in DOS, before the modem is used, it has to be
loaded with the DSP software that programs it as a modem. Real
easy to do in DOS. Does anyone else have one of these? Other
than DOSEMU, how can I load the config. software? Thanks in
advance!

2. tulip/2.0.0 multicast problem..

3. window-pc can't connect with linux-pc using mgetty

4. NR_OPEN problems

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Networking FreeBSD and Win95

7. Null modem cables and direct connections from PC to PC

8. Retrieving an individual file from a tape containing more than 1 file

9. Linux 1.2.19, Digiboard PC/2e; mgetty - config, software, or hardware problems???

10. Linux 1.2.19, Digiboard PC/2e; mgetty - config, software, or hardware problems??

11. Modem to modem connection for 2 PCs to set up a virtual LAN.

12. Old 14.4 Mac modem on PC (I have a winmodem, want to use modem under Linux)

13. Shell logic v. C logic