erorr when using :man -k or apropos?!

Post by Fayez Aboulcha » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hello

I just installed Linux InfoMagic March 1995 release and every time i
ask for man -k  or apropos xxxxx
i got the following message:

 fg: no job control
apropos: manpath is null
error executing formatting or display command
system command exited with status 256.

thanks in advance.

                                                     Fayez Aboulchaar

1. How to format BSD man pages (groff man) using "classical" troff man?

I need to format BSD man pages, apparently written for the new man
macros which can only be used with GNU's groff text formatter,
using "classical" troff and man macros (e.g., troff from DWB 2.0).

Does there exist a conversion tool or a macroset usable with troff?

Please respond by E-MAIL, if necessary I'll summarize.

--

--    Bull Nederland NV, Product Support Unix, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

2. Cannot ping internet from Linux network

3. Man page/apropos failure - Help needed

4. Mapping pages

5. Apropos and Man. Help!

6. fsck pass # in /etc/vfstab

7. MAN Apropos Not Working - Need Help

8. difference between field "SIZE of command top" and field VMSIZE of /proc/<pid>/status

9. 'man -k' & 'apropos' fail

10. Man -k: apropos not working

11. apropos(man -k) problem on RedHat Rembrandt

12. Newbie: apropos (man -k) doesn't work

13. Need assistance to get apropos and man -k not functioning..