JPEG is not JPEG ?

Post by Donald E. Stidwel » Sat, 01 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hi !

> I can view pictures in JPEG-Format using KView - OK.
> But if I try to load a JPEG-Picture coming from my OLYMPUS Digital
> Camera, KView denies and says "cannot load picture".

> Is it an error in KView or are there different JPEG-Formats ?

> Regards, Torsten

I have the same problem with my Sanyo camera. I just use the GIMP or
Compupic.

Don

JPEG is not JPEG ?

Post by Ferdinand V. Mendoz » Sun, 02 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Make sure the extension is in small letters as in *.jpg

Ferdinand

>  Hi !

> I can view pictures in JPEG-Format using KView - OK.
> But if I try to load a JPEG-Picture coming from my OLYMPUS Digital
> Camera, KView denies and says "cannot load picture".

> Is it an error in KView or are there different JPEG-Formats ?

> Regards, Torsten

1. JPEG not supported in RH 6.2 Konfucious binaries

After some experimenting, I found that while I can't set a background to
a JPEG, I *can* set it to an XPM or a PNG. It looks like it has
something to do with what graphics formats Qt supports. I did an ldd on
my Qt library and found that it was linked to both libXpm and libpng but
no other graphics libs.

Is there anyone I can yell at^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpersuade to put a Qt compiled
with jpeg support on ftp.kde.org?

--
---I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.---

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. automounter

3. Ksnapshot does not save JPEG

4. Masquerading - where are the logs ?

5. Mutt says "mailcap entry for type image/jpeg not found"

6. Samba networking

7. Webcam Capture Problem (Empty JPEG image (DNL not supported))

8. XF86Config, Toshiba T2400 and multifrequency montiors.

9. gif & jpeg help

10. XIL and JPEG

11. imagemagick+jpeg library help requested

12. How about jpeg in kde3?

13. non-X JPEG viewer?