I lose my gnome panels!

Post by Dr Aldo Medina [mx » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Under RH6.0, Gnome with updates. I suddendly lose my gnome panels as
user. If I login as root they're still there. How can I recover/recreate
them?

I lose my gnome panels!

Post by Jan Houtsm » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Under RH6.0, Gnome with updates. I suddendly lose my gnome panels as
> user. If I login as root they're still there. How can I recover/recreate
> them?

Type "panel&". And save your workspace via the menu or at logout.
Next time u login it should be there. Maybe not the 1st time tho, i can
remember having that too, and had to repeat the above for another time
then it was ok.

jan

I lose my gnome panels!

Post by Steve D. Perkin » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00

        Use your text editor to modify a file called ".Xclients" in your
home directory.  Place a "#" character in front of the line that
says "gnome-session", and below it type a new line containing the
command "/usr/bin/startkde".  It should look like this:

# gnome-session
/usr/bin/startkde

        I think you'll notice a remarkable improvment in your computer's
handling of x-windows!  (lol)

Steve

1. gnome panel loses applets

Every now an then, my gnome panel will discard an applet, and from then
on it is nearly impossible to get it back.  I can add it for the sesion,
but no mater what it's gone next time I log on.

Any cluse?  I have RH6 and the gnome from there...

thanks

--
Rob

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bayliss

2. how to get a previously typed command using Arrow keys

3. Lost my pager from the Gnome Panel

4. nscd and "old-data-ok"

5. Lost panel in Gnome

6. How to get mod_perl parse all .pl files? PLEASE HELP!

7. HELP: Lost my GNOME panels

8. I probebly do not anderstand the chdir() function!!!

9. Lost my Red Hat Network monitor icon in my Gnome panel

10. gnome panel lost

11. Newbie has lost his GNOME panel

12. gnome panel lost

13. Lost Gnome Panel!