>>Okay... this is my first using Netscape 4.05 under linux... and let me
>>tell you the letters as I write this and as I view some web pages looks
>>pretty crappy. Sometimes hard to read.... is there any fix to this
> what you're seeing is one of the things folks coming from windows get
> freaked out over...no true type fonts. You'll have to install support for
> true type fonts if you want them. Look around, you'll find the information.
> I haven't installed any yet, trouble is if you must spend time using windows
> when you boot back into to linux it does take some getting used to. If you
> use Linux the majority of the time you tend to get used to it. I suppose
> your eyes adjust.
1. Slow Download times Linux 2.0.34 & Netscape 4.05
Downloads are exceptionally slow as well as the time it takes to load
web pages. I have my modem's serial port set to spd_vhi and use Linux
2.0.34 with Netscape Communicator 4.05. I can't believe Windows 95
works faster with my dialup internet access than Linux.
Do I need to tweak any of the Netscape settings? Thanks for any help.
2. LinuxPPC on iMac, anyone have it?
3. Crashing while using Netscape 4.05
4. Bind issues?
5. Can't Access Xlib Server Using Netscape 4.05
7. HELP: Netscape 4.05-6 Bus Error (please read!)
9. Help on RealAudio, RealVideo w/ Netscape 4.05
10. Netscape 4.05 international support - help, please!
11. Netscape Communicator 4.05 Help
12. error: SSL apache with Netscape 4.05 on Linux
13. Netscape 4.05 and lpr with SuSe Linux 5.3