plugins on netscape 7.01 ??

Post by dan sawye » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 06:43:11

All,

I did a fresh install of Netscape 7.01 on rh 8.0. The
pluging list does not show java installed. When promped I
followed the links and installed the packages to no avail.

How can I configure netscape to see the installed java modules??

Thanks,
Dan

plugins on netscape 7.01 ??

Post by Davi » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:21:37

> All,

> I did a fresh install of Netscape 7.01 on rh 8.0. The pluging list does
> not show java installed. When promped I followed the links and installed
> the packages to no avail.

> How can I configure netscape to see the installed java modules??

ln  -s  /path/to/libjavaplugin_oji.so  /path/to/netscape/plugins

--
   Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.

plugins on netscape 7.01 ??

Post by dan sawye » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:10:22

Thank you. That helped.

There was a dir in /path/to/netscape/plugins named 610 with
the correct link. The search algorithm apparently didn't
find it there.

I installed java sdk and it created duplicates for the libs
in a /600 a /610 dir. Do you happen to know why the parallel
names??

Dan

Dan

Post by Davi » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:26:34

> Thank you. That helped.

> There was a dir in /path/to/netscape/plugins named 610 with the correct
> link. The search algorithm apparently didn't find it there.

> I installed java sdk and it created duplicates for the libs in a /600 a
> /610 dir. Do you happen to know why the parallel names??

I don't know why it produces parallel names. I use Mozilla 1.3a
and  IBMJava2-1.4 from tarball.

--
   Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.