Q: Best Open Motif version?

Q: Best Open Motif version?

Post by Jonathan Gif » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



Hi,

I've found several versions to dl from IST, MotifZone and Metro Link. All
are different sizes. Only the MotifZone one had man pages.

Which is the best, are there others? Is a CD Version better?

I'm looking for:
rpm Red Hat/Mandrake compatible
end user (not developer) binaries
Pentium compiled (long shot)

Thanks.
Please email copies

Jonathan

 
 
 

Q: Best Open Motif version?

Post by Juergen Hein » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



>Hi,

>I've found several versions to dl from IST, MotifZone and Metro Link. All
>are different sizes. Only the MotifZone one had man pages.

[-]
I doubt that. I've got the Metro Link version(s) and it comes
with all the documentation as well as man pages.
Quote:

>Which is the best, are there others? Is a CD Version better?

[-]
Metro Link comes with some add on Widget library which by itself
might be worth the investment.

Quote:>I'm looking for:
>rpm Red Hat/Mandrake compatible
>end user (not developer) binaries

[-]
Metro Link comes with both, shared and static libs.

Quote:>Pentium compiled (long shot)

[-]
Okay, no CPU specific optimisations.

Cheers,
Juergen

--
\ Real name     : Jrgen Heinzl         \       no flames      /