New Linux user, program execution problems

New Linux user, program execution problems

Post by Bryan Wa » Mon, 20 May 1996 04:00:00

I have seen this problem before, but I can't remember what it is (I
suspect it is something with security or the path)

In some directories, I can't just type the name of a file to execute
that file, I have to type ./filename to make it work.....

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryan

(please reply in email if possible)

Post by Kit » Mon, 20 May 1996 04:00:00

> I have seen this problem before, but I can't remember what it is (I
> suspect it is something with security or the path)

> In some directories, I can't just type the name of a file to execute
> that file, I have to type ./filename to make it work.....

> Any ideas?

 Place the current directory in your PATH name.
  $PATH=PATH:"."

--
There are two kinds of people in the world.
Those who think there are two kinds of people

1. Novice linux user and new programmer having problems compiling C++ programs

I am using Linux RH 5.0 to learn C++ programming.  I installed all of the
programming options when I installed Linux.  When I g++ my "Hello World"
test programm (a copy of it below) the compiler gives an error of
"iostream - no such file or directory".  I am assuming this is a simple
operator misunderstanding propper Linux proceedures error, but every HOWTO
or FAQ I have come across seems to lack the answer. If somebody knows the
answer or can point me to the right information it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

J.D.

P.S. Assume little to no expierience with Linux and programming

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
  cout  << endl
           << "Hello World"
           << endl

return0;

2. Setting up a dual boot

3. Safe pseudo-suid execution of user programs

4. Is a VIRUS checker available for UN

5. whether the program execution efficiency will be affected if debug information is added into the program

6. R3.2v4.2 binary compatibility w/ ODS R5

7. Performance problem with rtl8139

8. NEW Linux User = New Linux Shareware Web Site

9. Problem related public key based authentication and program execution

10. Problem With C Program Execution

11. Problems with remote execution of X-programs