HELP !: "Socket(): Invalid argument" error with 2.2.8

HELP !: "Socket(): Invalid argument" error with 2.2.8

Post by mon.. » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

: Hi here,

: Can anybody PLEASE enlight me ???

: Since I've tried to upgrade from the 2.0.* to the 2.2.*
: kernel, I have no more mouse. Now when I boot, I can see
: an error message when the INIT process tries to launch the
: mouse manager, I can see the following:
: "gpm: socket(): Invalid argument"

: And I get the same error when the daemons klogd/ksyslog:
: the creation of the socket /dev/log fails, and I get
: exactly the same error message: "socket(): Invalid argument".

: Does anybody know what's happening ???

Thanks a lot !!

Regards,
Seb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. "socket: Invalid argument" error...

I've just recently reinstalled Linux, and now I'm getting an odd error
when attempting to use any of the net utilities.

Under the precompiled kernel that came with the release (1.1.54)
everything works fine.  But when I try to upgrade I get the "socket:
Invalid argument" error when using syslogd, ncftp, even telnetting to the
loopback.

It REALLY rots being stuck with such an old kernel.  Does anyone have
any idea what could be causing this?  It would be great if you could
reply by email...thanks!

--
| DESCENT: A feeling of 129600 degrees of freedom!  |  \                    |

2. ADAPTEC 2842

3. Local forwarding with "iptables" gives "invalid arguments"

4. Has anyone run SATAN on a LINUX network system?

5. Problem with TCPDUMP ( it says : "tcpdump: socket: Invalid argument" ??!!

6. WWW site w/ 8-bit Arcnet?

7. 1 * HRFlHCkDK-TCP socket: "accept" failed: Invalid argument

8. Help please: cannot print using lpd

9. Problem with TCPDUMP ( it says : "tcpdump: socket: Invalid argument" ??!!

10. TCP socket: "accept" failed: Invalid argument

11. rcp from 2.5.1 to 2.6 giving "stty: invalid argument" error... why?

12. bogus "mount error: Invalid argument" from smbmount?