cups: Duplex printing with odd # pages

Post by Oliver Redne » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:06:52

Hi!

I have a Brother HL-1650, which is able to print two-sided. But when
printing an odd number of pages (with cups and the cupsomatic ppd file)
the last page stays inside the printer until the next job comes (or a
_long_ time passes, like 10-15 minutes). This next job can be a "null"
job w/o showpage, like the single line:
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
So I installed this nulljob as a banner page that is (supposed to get)
printed after each job.  It works fine if I print from the computer the
printer is connected to.  But from a remote computer the banner settings
seem to be ignored (also with other banners).

Any hints?

Thanks, Oliver

1. HP 2200D problems (CUPS): blinking LED / duplex with odd page #

Hi!

I'm using a HP LaserJet 2200D over the parallel port with CUPS 1.1.10
and the cupsomatic PPD file from www.linuxprinting.org.  Printing
works fine - both duplex and simplex - except for two problems:

(1) The last page of a PostScript print job with an odd number of
pages remains inside the printer when printing in duplex mode.
Probably it gets ejected after 300 seconds, the default PS timeout - I
haven't waited that long.  (How can I change this value?)

(2) After each print job (PostScript or text file) the green LED
continues blinking and any further job is ignored - with the single
exception of PS files sent directly to the printer with the cat
command (this way I can force the last page in case (1) to get ejected
with a simple showpage command).  Printing PS files with cat has the
same effect, but after printing text files with cat there is no
problem.
  The job cancel key brings the printer back to a lit LED, but of
course any print job received in the meantime is cancelled.

In both cases I suspect the printer to be waiting for some (PCL?)
command that kicks it out of PS mode, but I have no idea what this
could be (and why its not part of the PPD file).

Cheers, Oliver

2. Sharpening convolution?

3. duplex printing with odd number of pages

4. Most SOLID PCI Ethernet?

5. Printing a pdf file duplex and 4 pages per page to a postscript printer

6. RCA Cable Modem with linux 6.2

7. cups prints 2 blank pages b4 printing contents in mozilla 1.01

8. Gauntlet 4.2 and Solaris 2.6 patches??

9. Help: Duplex printing under Linux/CUPS

10. Help: Can configure duplex printing on HP 970 via LM 8.1/CUPS/XPP

11. Help: Can setup duplex printing on HP 970 on LM 8.1/CUPS/XPP

12. Help: Duplex printing under Linux/CUPS

13. CUPS prints only blank pages under RH 9