Error running 'dip'

Post by Mr S S Prest » Tue, 05 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I would like to use my dial-up SLIP connection under Linux. I've read through
and set up everything listed according to the SERIAL-HOWTO but when I try to
run 'dip' immediately after I get the following error:

darkstar: Unknown server error

Is this a communications problem or something completly unrelated? Does
anyone know how to rectify this problem?

Simon Young.

1. Help: dip error 'unknown server error'

Hi,

        I setup my slip with dip, and I got the error message as

        % dip xxx.dip
        unknown server error

        The same package works on my friend's system. I wonder it's a
simple configuration error. Any help will be appreciated!

Tsai

2. Memory management via mmap/mremap? How?

3. 'incvers' error when running 'make'

4. How to manage print spacing with ESC sekwences?

5. Dip script won't run, but dip -t work?

6. test

7. DIP error... can't even make it run

8. Samba and IPC$

9. Can't get dip to run: unknown server error

10. *** use 'root' to run dip only ***

11. dip error when line 'port cua0' is hit

12. 'Unknown server error' after the /sbin/dip

13. Dip 'Unknown Server Error'