Making Linux Print to Win95 Print Server .. How?

Making Linux Print to Win95 Print Server .. How?

Post by Eric Poo » Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have my Linux box connected to an ethernet network that also has a number
of Windoze 95 machines connected, including one as a print server.

Anyone know of a way to make the Linux machine print to the Win95 print
server?

TIA...

 . . . . . ep

Post by Leslie Mikese » Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>I have my Linux box connected to an ethernet network that also has a number
>of Windoze 95 machines connected, including one as a print server.

>Anyone know of a way to make the Linux machine print to the Win95 print
>server?

If you are using RedHat 4.2, run the 'Printer Configuration' module
from the control panel and click on 'add', then pick 'Lan Manager
Printer (SMB) from the menu choices, then fill out the form with the
details.  If you aren't using RedHat you can build approximately
the same setup yourself using smbclient to send the job.

Les Mikesell

Making Linux Print to Win95 Print Server .. How?

Post by Bob Hau » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Anyone know of a way to make the Linux machine print to the Win95 print
> server?

I use the "smbclient" program that comes with Samba.

--

 Wasatch Communications Group               http://www.wasatch.com