writing a flight sim for linux

Post by Nwan » Tue, 19 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,

I have been a staunch user of Linux for the past two years,
(I _even_ use*for creating beautiful reports), but there
is still one stickler that gets to me:

I love flight simulators, but I've been "forced" to keep Win95
on my 'puter just so that I can fly.

Having not found a suitable (i.e. cheap or free) flight
simulator
software for Linux, I seem to have no choice but to write my
own. And I don't feel like using a DOS box to run anything
because that (for me) defeats the purpose of being unreliant
on _any_ MS product.

But of  course, this a going to be a huge project, not
feasable
by one person alone (I feel), so please contact me
(nwanua at colorado dot edu) if interested.

If nothing else, let this be our small contribution to the
wonder called Linux (and correspondingly Un*x) .

Nwanua Elumeze.

--
sig??

writing a flight sim for linux

Post by Tom Evan » Tue, 19 May 1998 04:00:00

get acm
--

All disclaimers apply...

1. writing a flight sim for linux

Hello all,

I have been a staunch user of Linux for the past two years,
(I _even_ use LateX for creating beautiful reports), but there
is still one stickler that gets to me:

I love flight simulators, but I've been "forced" to keep Win95
on my 'puter just so that I can fly.

Having not found a suitable (i.e. cheap or free) flight simulator
software for Linux, I seem to have no choice but to write my
own. And I don't feel like using a DOS box to run anything
because that (for me) defeats the purpose of being unreliant
on _any_ MS product.

But of  course, this a going to be a huge project, not feasable
by one person alone (I feel), so please contact me
(nwanua at colorado dot edu) if interested.

If nothing else, let this be our small contribution to the
wonder called Linux (and correspondingly Un*x) .

Nwanua Elumeze.

--
sig??

2. How to kill a daemon process?

3. ADSL-script doesn't always succeed

4. Install [Red Hat] from CD-ROM on Adaptec 1542 Possible?

5. Wanted: Flight sim 5.1 - fs51_1.zip (1/1) - fs51_1.zip (0/1)

6. Apple LaserWriterPlus,IInt & AIX 4.2.1

7. ipchains -- what port is combat flight sim

8. Flight Sim

9. 30 pin sim to 72 pin sim adaptors

10. RARS for UNIX/Linux (Robot Auto Racing Sim)

11. Sim for linux