gtk+-1.1.2 install problem

1. guile-gtk and gtk+-1.1.13

Has anyone managed to get guile-gtk-0.14 to compile with gtk+-1.1.13?
I also have the gtk+10-1.0.6 and glib10-1.0.6 rpms installed.

First off, with ANY gtk-dependent app I have tried to compile I get a
failure of ./configure when it tries to run a gtk+ test app.  It tells me
that gtk-config is in error or I may have moved the libs since
installation.  I have done nothing to them.  They are rpm-installed and
they have been, and will remain, where they are now and supposed to be
(primarily /usr/lib).  I have examined gtk-config but can see nothing
wrong on the surface, but then, I barely know what I am looking for.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Another problem I get is involving guile.  I have guile-1.3 installed
(rpm).  If I disable the gtk-test app via a configure switch, I get past
that part (with a bunch of errors that leads me to think that guile-gtk
0.14 doesn't like gtk+-1.1.13) but then configure craps out telling me
that it cannot find guile on my system.  I don't know if it is looking for
guile libs or the guile binary.  In any case, they are also where they are
supposed to be, the location is in ld.so.conf and I have even added it to
the PATH in profile.  Nothing has worked.

Can anyone help me out with this?

patrick

2. Microsoft Is Using Linux To Publish Its Own Web Site

3. Installing PATCH GTK+-1.1.15-1.1.16

4. another question..

5. gtk+-1.1.12 installation problem

6. XFree86 Problem with Mach32 (LONG)

7. Need Help Compiling gtk+-1.1.9

8. Can't get ide-scsi module to load automatically

9. glib-1.1.15 and gtk+-1.1.15 with RedHat 5.2

10. Problems - ATI Xpert@Play and XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1

11. RH52 & XFree 3.3.3.1-1.1 Problems with funky scrunched display

12. prob w/ bind-4.9.6-1.1 (RedHat 4.2 rpm)

13. Compile SMTP-PROXY -1.1.3 with gcc 2.95.3